Our 2023 School Builds
Team Dayā is excited to announce our 2023 school builds. There are many big and small ways you can support our work, and we welcome your involvement.
Next year we will finally deliver on our original 2020 pre-pandemic plans to fund and build schools in Guatemala and Malawi. For those that remember, we were six weeks from our Malawi project starting in 2020 when the global coronavirus pandemic brought the world to a standstill.
Our current 2023 schedule:
Guatemala (Central America): Project Start March 12, 2023
Guatemala is currently ranked as the third poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and ranks in the bottom 10th percentile of all countries for income inequality. Fifty-nine percent of the country’s population lives in poverty at U.S. $1.90 a day and 29% are unable to read or write.
Team Dayā is scheduled to start its school groundbreaking in Guatemala on Sunday, March 12, 2023. If you are interested in learning more, or possibly traveling with us to work on the groundbreaking, please contact us.
Malawi (East Africa): Project Start July 2, 2023
Malawi is consistently ranked among the world’s 20 least developed countries on the UN Human Development Index. Seventy-one percent of the country’s population lives below the poverty line of US $1.90 a day. Nearly half of primary school-age children dropout before advancing to secondary school and the literacy rate in Malawi is only 62% among people 15 years old and older.
Team Dayā is scheduled to start its school groundbreaking in Malawi on Sunday, July 2, 2023. If you are interested in learning more, or possibly traveling with us to work on the groundbreaking, please contact us.
Please consider a donation so Team Dayā can continue its work. Three Ways You Can Help:
Three Ways You Can Help
Example investment opportunities:
- $100 Five shovels for excavating the school’s solid foundation
- $250 All the nails, nuts, and bolts to build a roof for the school
- $500 In-country mason during the entire construction of the school
- $1,000 Paint for a school
2. Spread the Word
- Share our mission with your friends, your company and your industry
- Invite us to speak about our mission to your network
- Follow us on our website, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
3. Join the Team & Travel on a School Build
- If you have a combination of fundraising chops, an adventurous spirit and the belief each of us has the capacity to be Building Change, get in touch with us and have a conversation.
Thanks again for your continued support,